“Every 60 mins RAC patrols attend a pothole-related breakdown” RAC, January 2020.
Potholes are a constant issue, caused by a mixture of poor road surfaces, inclement weather, age and ever-increasing traffic volume. Every year millions of new or badly fixed potholes can appear causing damage to vehicles and pedestrians. Left untreated (or incorrectly fixed), potholes can grow and become even more dangerous.
Potholes happen when cracks develop on the surface of a road or path due to the tarmac or asphalt heating up during the day and cooling overnight. Rainwater then enters these cracks and when combined with cold temperatures, the water will freeze and expand, causing the cracks to swell. When we add heavy weight or movement from vehicles or footfall, potholes develop and will gradually widen creating more cracks for water and the cycle continues.
The One-Fix Solution
Degafill is a complete kit ready for use on driveways, car parks, paths, major roads and highways. It can be installed rapidly by just one person using minimal equipment. It, therefore, keeps costs down that are usually associated with alternative systems.
As the pothole repair kit is cold applied, it does not require any specialist machinery, hot works, or specialist equipment.
When installing the Degafill kit, minimal preparation is required, with no need to prime or cut back (which makes the hole even bigger). To prepare the pothole for application, simply remove all loose material by brush or compressed air. Ideally, the substrate should be dry, although a small amount of residual moisture in the base of the pothole is acceptable as the product will heat up causing the water to evaporate.
Degafill kits form an incredibly strong chemical bond to asphalt and concrete resulting in a crack-free performance with colour stability that will not soften or degrade all year round – it is also resistant to road salts.
The Degafill pothole repair kit is weather-proof and will not suffer freeze/thaw damage, nor will it react with UV light making it impenetrable to the elements.
When installed correctly, the Degafill pothole repair is fully cured within 20 minutes and may be trafficked immediately after cure. Further ongoing maintenance is not required.
Degafill offers outstanding durability, excellent skid resistance and the flexibility required for harsh weather conditions and temperature fluctuations throughout the year.
You can view the Degafill datasheet here. The Degafill pothole repair kit is manufactured from technologically advanced methyl methacrylate (MMA) resin, this cold-applied solution offers an ultra-fast cure time and is suitable for repairs within asphalt substrates without the need to prime or cut back.
All resins are manufactured to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standards and comply with all current EU / UKCA regulations.
What Is Included
The Degafill pothole repair kit is a complete one-fix product that comes with a 5-year warranty. Within each kit, you will receive the following components:
- Component A : Resin tin 1 x 5.5 kg
- Component B : BPO (hardener) 300 gram bag 1 x 300 gram
- Component C : Aggregate bulk out bag 1 x 15 kg
- Component D : Scatter bag 1 x 2 kg
The total gross weight of the Degafill pothole repair kit is 22.8 kg.
Each kit covers approximately 1 square meter at 11 mm deep.
Each Degafill pothole repair kit conforms to the relevant rules and regulations including:
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016
- BSI: BS EN ISO 9001 : 2015 by BSI.
It has been granted a BBA HAPAS Certificate Number 21/H312 by the Highway Authorities Product Approval Scheme. You can view the certificate here.
How To Install
When using the Degafill pothole repair kit, you should complete the following steps:
- The resin component (Part A) is mixed thoroughly with a high torque drill fitted with a helical spiral mixing blade until homogeneous.
- One activator bag (Part B) are added and mixed until fully incorporated. The
aggregate component (Part C) is then added and mixed until consistency is achieved.
- The mixed Degafill tin is poured into the pot hole to be repaired and then levelled off and smoothed over with a trowel.
- A full bag of the scatter aggregate (Part D) is immediately scattered over the wet resin surface, ensuring that all of the wet resin is completely covered.
- A minimum of 15-20 minutes should be allowed for the repair to fully cure before any excess drop-on aggregate is swept away.
- On full cure, the Degafill repair is ready for full traffic.
For further information on our Degfill kits, please call our Technical Services Team by telephone at +44 (0)1778 342545 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase, please visit our shop: www.Degafloorshop.comContact Us